Wonderware tag edit

How can I edit a tag from being an I/O real into I/O Integer, considering that the tag was a member of a Super Tag?

I cant find an option to change it in tagname dictionary.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I believe some tags cannot change type once created. I think you can change a Memory integer to an IO Integer but not to a Real.

I think you have two choices:
If you delete all of the places in the code that use that tag, you can do an "update tag counts" (something like that) and then will be able to delete it and recreate it.

You can change the name of the tag and then create a new tag with the original name. I think you will still need to go through you code to replace the renamed tag with the new tag.

What I did is DB dump the tags, and in Excel (CSV ext) I deleted the tags that I want to edit. DB load it to my Back up file (no tags) then re-create new tag, this time with correct attributes. :)

Thanks for the reply Sir