CLX, Device net and Epson RC 90 robot controller

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
HI All

I have a CLX device net network with Power flex drives, Smart guard 600, Festio CLX valve blocks, POint I/O etc. I have set them all up in the sscan list, mapped the I/O and placed the card into run mode no proble.
I can see the Epson RC 90 robot controller as a Unrecognized devicet and I understand this as I have never set one up before. I use the wizard to import the EDS file from epson and
I get a error saying that it is not the correct file. I have contacted EPSON and they say I have the correct file. I then tried to create a EDS file using the wizard and I get the following errors.

The following error occurred in the [File] section of the EDS file: The Revision entry is not a valid revision

and
****The following errors and/or warnings were encountered during the processing of the EDS file for the 'EPSON RC620 DeviceNet Slave' product. ****

any help would be great.(y)

Donnchadh

Go ahead and post the EDS file, or a link to the EDS file.

A typical [File] section looks like this:

[File]

DescText = "";
CreateDate = 02-05-2004;
CreateTime = 10:22:10;
ModDate = 12-05-2007;
ModTime = 17:49:09;
Revision = 2.2;

As far as not having the correct EDS, RSNetworx checks the Identity object. Right-click on the device in RSNetworx, decline to attempt to register it, and write down the values for the Vendor, Type, Code, and Revision.

Compare those to Revision section of the EDS file. You might have to convert from Decimal to Hex.

Hi Ken

What a man !! (y),
You were correct first time.:cry:
I opened the eds file supplied and the product type and code were different. I then changed them and registered the file and away it went.
Sorry to ask another question but would there be any reason that networks could not create a file as I have used this in the passed and find it great.
Rs Networks ver 10.01.00

Many thanks again I live in hope that some day I can return the help.

Donnchadh

If the Product Type and Product Code in the EDS are different from the ones actually shown by the device when you go to the General Properties tab online, that is absolute proof that the supplied EDS file is not correct.

It's typical of suppliers that don't do a lot of DeviceNet that the group that builds network interfaces forgets to update the website or their own Technical Support. Even RA sometimes has unusual devices (like high-horsepower AC drives) whose EDS files aren't on the server and need to be procured directly from the product group.

I can't guess why RSNetworx was not able to correctly create a "stub EDS"; it has always worked correctly for me in the past.

Hi ken

Thanks again, I sent the eds file back to Epson as to be fair
I find their support very good. I have not heard From them yet ,
I tried a different laptop and that did create a stub eds file so it's
My laptop thats wrong. No harm done as its a good day you learn
something .

Thanks again ken

Donnchadh