Step 7 v5.4

drummo

Can someone please help, I am use to S5 and have used it for years, but rarely used S7, now here is my question, I have looked through other threads for the answer. If I had a problem on plant, and I knew that a specific contactor was not energised, and I knew the address was Q 0.2( example) I have no idea what block this bit is in, I understand S7 has no global search, so what would be the best way to locate this address. :unsure:

Can someone please help, I am use to S5 and have used it for years, but rarely used S7, now here is my question, I have looked through other threads for the answer. If I had a problem on plant, and I knew that a specific contactor was not energised, and I knew the address was Q 0.2( example) I have no idea what block this bit is in, I understand S7 has no global search, so what would be the best way to locate this address. :unsure:

Try ctrl + Alt + R
and select cross-reference

Last edited:
In the left hand column you should see a "+" symbol next to the symbol address.
Click on it to expand the cross reference. All the locations in the program where it is used are listed. The "=" is where the coil is.

PS, I see you guys are on shift!