SCL 100 and PCIS Software

BradSensenig

I have a question about the PCIS software used to program SLC 100 / 150s. I have several .100 files that have been uploaded from SLC 100s and now I want to view them in the PCIS software - for a conversion to a MicroLogix 1400. The problem is that the PCIS software is running on a DOS Virtual PC (2007) and the .100 files are not stored on that specific DOS Virtual PC. I have not worked with DOS much so my question is how do I get the .100 files onto the Virtual PC. If that is not possible, is there a program that I can open .100 files to view them. I do not have print outs of the ladder logic nor do I have SLC 100 to connect to.

thanks in Advance.

There is a good thread here using DosBox, but there is required a command to "mount" the drive containing the files. You can do this with a batch file using DosBox, in addition to setting up the serial port, so it can even go online using the 1745-PCC.

Look in the help for your Dos environment for 'mount' or mounting a drive.

Last edited:
If you would like to zip and post them perhaps someone could convert them to txt or pdf files for you.

Thank you for your replies. I ended up finding the Dosbox thread and that put me right on track - thank you.

I guess I'm still curious about using Virtual PC - I guess I would have to write the files to a CD (I don't have a floppy drive on my laptop) and open from the CD?

If you happen to run into any ZCL instructions then there is a thread at Mr. PLC on how to handle that instruction. The thread is about a PLC/2 but the ZCL is handled the same way. Be sure to come back if you have any other questions, there are a lot of forum members who have done SLC100 conversions.
Good luck.

I have not worked with DOS much so my question is how do I get the .100 files onto the Virtual PC.
If you can figure out the DOS address while inside the Virtual PC, then you can go outside to Windows and use the Windows Explorer to copy, move, or save the *.100 files to the virtual PC file directory. Remember that old DOS file names must have fewer than 8 characters, with no spaces or punctuation characters ("-" allowed and the "." as delimter between file name and 3-letter file type). If you have a USB port on you laptop, you can use a flash drive to move the files in or out.

Last edited: