Online with M340 and SCADA

bisk

The M340 processor has a Ethernet port for witch to go online with, my question is, I need the processor to be connected to SCADA at the same time that I am online with it. How would I accomplish this if there is only one Ethernet port? Could I use a switch or router? I would appreciate if someone could explain how I would accomplish this.

Thanks!

With an Ethernet switch connecting all devices, you should be all set.

Ethernet is inherently multi-master and multi-slave (old terminology) or multi-client and multi-server (network terminology). In your case the M340 processor port is the server, and can handle multiple ModbusTCP clients (as well as http, SNMP, etc. clients).

As long as you don't hit the capacity limits - point both SCADA and UNITY tools to the M340 port by IP address and you should be OK.