Recommendation for programming software

SilverDoor

Hi everyone

I'm a noob in the PLCs's field and my english it's not very good, I hope that you can understand me.

I'm electronics engineer and I've been learning how program PLCs in a company where I'm doing my professional practices since 5 months ago, I knew nothing about them...

In this company they use Schneider brand, so, I started to program in Ladder Diagram lenguage in ProWORX, there I made some applications. After I started to program with Unity PRO, as you know in this software it's possible to use the five different lenguages: LD, ST, FBD, SFC and IL.

The thing is that I'll finish my practices in one month and I can't continue to use these softwares (ProWORX and Unity) because the license and I don't find where download.

So, I would like to know if there is some free softwares for practicing with the five different lenguages, I only want to make the programs and simulate them.

If someone can help me I'll thank it so much. 🤞🏻

Thank you for your attention.

Welcome to the Forum!

This isn't Proworx, but it represents typical Allen Bradley PLC Programming for the PLC5, SLC500, and MicroLogix Line.

You can Download a free copy from Allen Bradley here;

http://www.ab.com/linked/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html

Stu....

p.s. There's nothing wrong with your English.

Thank you very much sthompson, I'm downloading it and don't worry, I don't care the brand, I just want to practice :). And also thank you for the welcome 🍻

If someone more know about other softwares and can tell me, please. :D

Last edited:
Be advised that software above will only do LD only.

See link below for another option.

http://www.rtaautomation.com/CoDeSys/

I second Micey. CoDeSys has all the languages you mentioned, plus CFC (!) which is my favourite when connecting logic and math blocks. PLC simulator a visualization is included. Search 'WagoKurt' on Youtube for examples.

Home page is www.codesys.com

Have fun!
Kalle