Please I need answers for these questions!

Mrebel

• PLC processor scan functions: I/O scan and program scan
• Operation of the following PLC instructions: EXAMINE ON (XIC), EXAMINE OFF (XIO), OUTPUT ENERGIZE (OTE), LATCH (L), UNLATCH (U), TIMER ON-DELAY (TON), TIMER OFF-DELAY (TOF), COUNT UP (CTU), COUNT DOWN (CTD), RESET (RES)
• The difference between an OR branch and an AND branch
• How to program a PLC to energize an output, given a set of input conditions
• How to program a PLC to perform timing instructions (both TON and TOF)
• How to program a PLC to perform counting instructions
• How to program counting and timing functions within the same program

:cry:

• Operation of the following PLC instructions: EXAMINE ON (XIC), EXAMINE OFF (XIO), OUTPUT ENERGIZE (OTE), LATCH (L), UNLATCH (U), TIMER ON-DELAY (TON), TIMER OFF-DELAY (TOF), COUNT UP (CTU), COUNT DOWN (CTD), RESET (RES)

Welcome to the Forum!

The answer to your questions depends on the particular PLC to a certain point. Your questions imply an Allen Bradley PLC. You can find answers in the Manuals for each particular PLC, which you can find here.

http://www.ab.com/linked/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html

A Google search will help you with the generalities.

Stu....

I would highly recommend Ron Beaufort's introductory Training videos, which you can see at his website.

www.ronbeaufort.com

Click on Sample Lessons & Videos, and view the Videos in sequence.

Stu....

Actually, none of those are even questions... They're something between a sentence fragment and a statement.

So, the proper, correct answer is "42"

Those are the sort of "questions" asked of people who have a basic knowledge of the PLC platform they are based on. That basic knowledge would enable them to give answers with comparative ease.

Your post suggests you don't know the answers to any of them, or do you?

Haven't you just copy/pasted the whole assignment, hoping you'll get it done for you?

We want to see some effort made by you in answering the assignment, not the effort made by you in posting it verbatim.

Tell us what you already know, and the parts you are struggling to understand, and you will get ample responses to help you with what you don't know.

And another forum "guideline" is to specify the make and exact model (inc. firmware revision if applicable) of the PLC you are talking about in your first post. Allen-Bradley have families of PLCs that work differently, which would affect the "answer" to the first "question".

As a freebie, I'll give you a possible answer to the third "question" - An OR branch is possible, an AND branch isn't. It's up to you to understand why...

Try opening up your course syllabus. I'll bet the answers are there...

Actually, none of those are even questions... They're something between a sentence fragment and a statement.

So, the proper, correct answer is "42"

yep the best laid plans of mice