Hsc micrologix 1500

VRBASGRAD

Hi, everyone.
I am having problems with HSC:0 in ML1500.My FE and CE functions are enabled and PLC keeps faulting as soon as I put him to run.When I disable FE function than it is not faulting,I have been using same procedure as on any previous ML1500 but this time it is faulting.This PLC is new and no other inputs is in use so far.
I am using ML1500 LSP 28BXB.
Thanks

There are many parameters that must be set for the Micrologix 1500 High Speed Counter function file to work correctly. Many of these parameters can create errors that will shut down the PLC. You probably will have to learn a few things about the HSC by reading Allen Bradley Publication 1762-RM001G-EN-P, the MicroLogix 1200 & 1500 Instruction Set Reference Manual.
Program File Number (PFN)
The PFN (Program File Number) variable defines which subroutine is called
(executed) when HSC0 counts to High Preset or Low Preset, or through Overflow or Underflow. The integer value of this variable defines which program file will run at that time. A valid subroutine file is any program file (3 to 255). See also:Interrupt Latency on page 236.​

HSC Error Codes:
Error Code Name Mode
1 Invalid File Number: Interrupt (program) file identified in HSC:0.PFN is less than 3, greater than 255, or does not exist.
2 Invalid Mode Invalid Mode
3 Invalid High Preset: 0,1 High preset is less than or equal to zero (0), 2 to 7 High preset is less than or equal to low preset.
4 Invalid Overflow: 0 to 7 High preset is greater than overflow.
(1) For Mode descriptions, see HSC Mode (MOD) on page 101.

Faults are classified as recoverable, non-recoverable, and non-user faults. A complete list of faults is shown in Fault Messages and Error Codes on page 413. The basic types of faults are described below:
Recoverable, Non-Recoverable, Non-User Fault.

Controller Operation​

The occurrence of recoverable or non-recoverable faults causes the controller to read S:29 and execute the subroutine number identified by S:29. If the fault is recoverable, the routine can be used to correct the problem and clear the fault bit S:1/13. The controller then continues in its current executing mode. The routine does not execute for non-user faults.

Last edited: