CompactFlash Data Logging AB

dgalle

I'm working with a 1769-L32E and attempting to log data to my compact flash card on the L32E by using the sample code (CF_Read_Write.ACD) available from AB with slight modifications. So far I've been able to write a line of data into a CSV file and open it in excel no problem.

My problem begins when the program tries to log a second value. Instead of logging new values the old ones are overwritten. I've played with the CF_Data_Working UDT. I've set the CF_Data_Working.Bytes_to_RW:=the length of my data to be logged.
CF_Data_Working.Point_Move_Length:=CF_Data_Working.Actual_bytes_to_rw (so that the pointer moves the appropriate length)
CF_Data_Working.Point_Last_Position:=CF_Data_Working.Point_Last_Position+CF_Data_Working.Point_Move_Length (so that the last position is increased by the pointer move length.
Everything in the set pointer file status looks good and all the status for that matter except for the cf_csvp_status is the only status that I get an non 1 status code. This status message puts out a 3 and the overall write status goes to a 2.
Anyone have any idea where I'm going wrong. I've talked to tech support and read over any manuals I can find with no luck.