Factory Talk View Studio - ME

Wormfood

Trying to figure out how to force a screen pop-up based on a tag from the PLC. Basically I want to check a calculation and set a bit (tag) in the PLC if the calculation is outside expected bounds and then pop-up a display for the user to warn them. Tried using a macro, but either I don't understand the correct application of the macro (under "display settings->behavior"). The only other method I can figure is through global connections which I also haven't figured out. Hoping someone knows a bit more about how to do this correctly.

Thanks,
Worm

The easiest way to do this would be to have the "pop up" based on visibility (animation).
i.e. only make the display visible when that bit=1

PLC can only open Replacement Screens. So you can use Mark's Method or Use The Local Message Display.