Omron CS1 peripheral port???

dilkep

I am using an Omron CS1G PLC connected to a touchscreen via the 9-pin port. This works fine. We normally program through the peripheral port by plugging directly into it from a laptop. Well, one of the guys is in the field and has the programming cable.

I do have an Omron adapter cable - CS1W-CN118 - that (supposedly) turns the micro peripheral port into RS-232. The problem is I am unable to get my communications to work using this adapter & 232 into my laptop. I feel like I'm missing a dip switch position or configuration of something in CX programmer or maybe even the correct cable config.

So, any ideas for helping me be able to use my PLC with the touchscreen attached and then connect my laptop into it to monitor & test the machine would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Turn dip-switch 5 to ON. Set the CX programmer software to Toolbus. The following is a description of that setting.

The auto-detect operation goes through baud rates in the following order:
Peripheral bus at 9,600 bps, 19,200 bps, 38,400 bps, and 115,200 bps.
Programming Devices that aren’t in Peripheral Bus Mode and devices in
Peripheral Bus Mode operating at any other speeds will not be detected.

The operation manual shows dip switch 5 being for the rs-232c port. It says turn switch 5 on to use the rs-232c port for a Programming Device.

Dip switch 4 should be turned ON to use the peripheral port for a device other than Programming Console or CX-Programmer (Peripheral bus only).

I can connect and program through the 232 port, but I want my touchscreen connected there and the ability to use the peripheral port with the adapter and be able to program through the peripheral port.

Connect through the CPU RS232 port and change the settings on the Periperal Port to Toolbus 115kb. Cycle the power on the CPU. Set CX Programmer to Toolbus 115K. Connect using CS1W-CN118 and the cable you normally use for the CPU RS232 port.

Okay - I got that to work by making a new program & creating the network settings up correctly (Toolbus, 115k). Then I set the peripheral port settings within the program to match and got online. Thanks for the help.

Now here's another question - How do I take an existing program that the original network settings were not correct (Toolbus, 115k) and change them so I can run that program and get online through the peripheral port?

Yep - Or you can double-click it.

Thanks for your help.

I'm going to take my laptop down to the machine now & plug the touchscreen & laptop into the PLC. This change won't effect my touchscreen - 232 port coms will it?