Problem with module Ethernet 1756-ENBT

This can happen when you change the IP address to a different structure than the one you were on previously and you don't change the IP address on your laptop to match the new structure. For example if you start with your laptop as 192.168.1.100 and the Ethernet module as 192.168.1.10 and then change the Ethernet module to 100.100.100.1, you also have to change your laptop's IP address to the 100.100.100.XXX range before you can connect to it again.

Hope this helps.

I have seen this happen many times and was not able to determine why the BOOTP/DHCP utility was unable to send the CIP command to the module. It might be an RSLinx problem or a module problem or a firewall problem.

The very easy workaround is to browse the module in RSLinx classic, then right click to Configure the Module. Use that dialog box to disable BOOTP.

In my experience, the RSLinx Classic module configuration commands always work.

Hi
I have not been able to get bootp/Dhcp to work with windows 7.
The best way is with Linxs . In order to set up flex I/o Ethernet modules I bought a tool from the automation store and it's a great unit. If you need the part number In can post it later

Donnchadh

I have not been able to get bootp/Dhcp to work with windows 7
That's interesting to know. I just had my laptop reconfigured yesterday evening to Win7 and am in the process of reloading all my Rockwell software this morning. I'll be interested to see if I have the same problem. I didn't know about the RSLinx method until this thread, either, so this is a good thread for me.

RSLinx method described above has worked 100% of the time for me.

I have used BootP and pretty much all of the current supported software in Windows 7 for a while now. Boot P works. Windows Firewall maybe?

If you are not using virtual machines for your automation software, I would highly recommend you look into it. HUGE productivity boost. I can refit my team of 7 guys with the latest versions of everything with about an hours work usually. Every time i hear of someone "building" a physical machine with RA stuff I cringe.

We keep the host "clean" MS Office and basic office tools only.

RSL