compare values

bfranklin

Hey,

I need to compare 60 [int] tags to zero.
Is there a short, easy way of doing this? I am currently just comparing each individual tag to zero.

Thanks,

I am currently just comparing each individual tag to zero.

I take that to mean you have already programmed a brute force tag by tag comparison. If so then just keep it. The work is done, and using other programming instructions such as FSC or a For/next loop isn't going to decrease the processor work load, the processor is still comparing 60 words. Brute force programming isn't always as elegant as other constructs, but it has the advantage of being easy to understand. When its two dark thirty in the morning and Bubba from maintenance is trying to figure out what is happening he won't bother you about code that he can understand. If you want to simplify the code so you don't have to scroll past all the compares, then put the brute force compares in a subroutine and call the subroutine.