Question regarding timer tweaking

Gianni86

Hello again,

So, my zelio is going to perform a series of tasks in a repetitive manner. However, before starting a new cycle, I want it to ''wait''for x seconds. My question is, is there any medium that can be used as an input from the operator, in order to adjust this time period in real time??:confused:
Regards,
Gianni

A few more details would be nice, such as, exact model or part numbers of the hardware you are using or plan to use. A list of the series of repetitive tasks would help. What would be really helpful is to also post the current program you are using or have attempted.

jrwb4gbm I have a zelio sr3261bd running at 24Vdc. I am using e three motors.In essence, one does 360 degree rotation, then the other two do the same simultaneously. Starting from the former the process is repeated. I haven't written any code yet but I assume I can set a timer to activate a whole cycle once every x sec/mins. I will use FBD. My question is, however, whether I can use hardware to adjust this through an HMI or other hardware that can be used as an input, and if not, could I possibly use time relays inbetween plc outs and motor starters to do the job? Excuse my ignorance. Regards,
Gianni

I think you are using the SR3B261BD unit. That is as close as I could find in the Model numbers. I am not familiar with FBD programming, only LD (ladder) programming. I could perhaps write an example using Ladder for you if that would help. Some of the other programmers on the forum would be better in FBD. I have read the help section of the software and it appears that you can change the timer values thru the front panel. In the Help menu under the ? mark, look under "Timers A/C" in the index. Then, on that page, Scroll down the page to the Parameters section. Click on the word "Parameters" for more info. Timers are available in the software and I would think using them would be the best way. I'm sure you can use external timer relays but the external relays would be an added unnecessary expense.

From a programming stand point I would use a Start cycle button, a Stop cycle button, a Limit switch for a "Home" position on each rotator, and a delay timer to wait between cycles. There is more to it than this but maybe this will help you get started.

Last edited:
Hello again,

So, my zelio is going to perform a series of tasks in a repetitive manner. However, before starting a new cycle, I want it to ''wait''for x seconds. My question is, is there any medium that can be used as an input from the operator, in order to adjust this time period in real time??:confused:
Regards,
Gianni
Can you put any commands/tasks in the program begind a timer, in that way you can control how often it do the tasks.

After that you can put integer (or something more sophisticated like slide to set a value) in HMI and send it to PLC, do small program to move the value to timers time database (may need ie binary to BCD chancing). ..Or you may use potentiometer and analog I/O to give the program a value to convert again to timers time value. Or maybe the timers time is possibly to give as indirect addressing in your PLC...etc.

These came to my mind.

PS. Oh Zelio the smart relay/uPLC was the HW platform, I don't know if any of these work in such apparatus. But atleast in Mitsubishi Alpha there is possibility to use the attached LCD as a primitive HMI, Zelio might have similar features and with luck you can give timers indirect timing values. Good luck.

FBD T1.GIF

Last edited:
Hey jrwb4gbm, thank you for your reply , you actually did what I should have done in the first instance. I'm not in need of a programming example (thank you though), finally I've got my switches/sensors so I will see in practice whether I can change the timer settings, I would prefer however people not to mess around with anything other than the buttons on the panel.

Thanks for the programming tips as well.
Regards,
Gianni