SLC5/05 replaced with CompactLogix (iFix HMI re-programming?)

wfortuny

We just replaced a SLC5/05 processor with a CompactLogix and are wondering if there is a way to create a "data file" in the compact logix that can hold the data in a similar format that the HMI would be able to access without having to re-map the tag connections between iFix and the PLC?

Thank you,
Bill

Main menu under Logic in RSLogix or iFix?

Thank you,
Bill

RSLogix 5000

An alternative would be to edit the tag database in iFix. I am a self taught novice with one version of iFix, so with that said...

You could edit the iFix data base to point at the Logix CPU, and to get there (on my systems) I run a program called DatabaseManager found in my iFix folder. It opens in a spreadsheet format and allows one to edit settings related to tags and comms blocks. There may be other tools involved, depending on which drivers you are using.

For me, it would be easier to leave the iFix stuff alone and "fake it out" by using the mapping feature in Logix5k to make the new Compactlogix "look like a SLC" to the iFix app.