WinCC TIA Advanced Textlist RT

If you mean to write to a text-file on the PCs harddisk, then yes.
Search for "WinCC Flexible VBS" and you should find several examples. The VBS scripts for WinCC Flexible and WinCC TIA works the same way.

If you mean something else then explain more detailed what you want to achieve.

It is posible to link the text of an items in a textlist to a tag which may, in turn, have a variable text. I have used this method to populate text lists with editable strings that are actually stored in a data block. See attached picture.

Nick

Capture.jpg

If you mean to write to a text-file on the PCs harddisk, then yes.
Search for "WinCC Flexible VBS" and you should find several examples. The VBS scripts for WinCC Flexible and WinCC TIA works the same way.

If you mean something else then explain more detailed what you want to achieve.

I have a recipe with several records. Records' names are mirrored by a textlist, which is displayed on the screen. I want to be able to "rename" the recipe records by changing the textlist entries in the Runtime. Thank you.

It is posible to link the text of an items in a textlist to a tag which may, in turn, have a variable text. I have used this method to populate text lists with editable strings that are actually stored in a data block. See attached picture.

Nick

Will try this at work today. Thank you.

Nick

This is exactly what I need. I saw this on the Siemens forum, but it didn't work. The function doesn't work if you just type <tag:5, intTag>. Apparently, I had to right-click on the line and choose "Insert parameter field"

Is there a way to have just 1 WString variable/tag and an indexTag, which will show which line of textlist to be modified? As oppose to having a separate WString for each line.

I'm not quite sure what it is you want with the single string tag? You could use a recipe number tag to multiplex the source for a string tag with either tag multiplexing or address multiplexing, is that what you meant?

I whote a shared recipe system in the PLC that was shared by 20 production lines controlled from the same PLC. It was based on a UDT - part of which was the recipe name as a string. So that operators could select the desired recipe from a textlist the tags for the recipe names were all linked back to the textlist. If any of the recipe names were changed then this would be reflected in the textlist.

Nick

You can extract the Record Name with the SystemFunction GetDataRecordName.
You could run a VBS script to loop through all 255 data records.
Unfortunately you cannot make a Tag ARRAY of STRINGs in WinCC Flexible. That makes it a bit of a chore to write. But doable.

You can extract the Record Name with the SystemFunction GetDataRecordName.
You could run a VBS script to loop through all 255 data records.
Unfortunately you cannot make a Tag ARRAY of STRINGs in WinCC Flexible. That makes it a bit of a chore to write. But doable.

Yes, this is the way I was thinking of doing. Just didn't want to define 15*255 tags.

Thank you, all

Last edited: