split a DINT to 4 bytes?

MrQ

Hello,

I have just started programming RS Logix 5000 for Compact logix.

What is the proper way to split a DINT to 4 bytes?

Create a Dimension 0 = 4 SINT Data Type Tag array and then COP/MOV the DINT within starting with the SINT [0] array element;
reference the four SINT array elements individually.

Create a Dimension 0 = 4 SINT Data Type Tag array and then COP/MOV the DINT within starting with the SINT [0] array element;
reference the four SINT array elements individually.

MOV won't do it, you need to use COP (or CPS), and you need to specify the length as 4.

2013-05-08_145322.jpg

To fortunebrass

Purely commercial posts are not welcome.

But, if you sell a specific solution for a problem being discussed in a thread then a reference/link to that specific solution is generally allowed.