CompactLogix Ethernet Issues

plimpyd

Hi,

In advance I should warn you I'm extremely new to the networking side of PLCs. The other issue with this is I'm running on a VM and have no idea how that ties into my existing network. Basically my issue is that I can't find or connect to my controller. I've been given an IP however it appears to be wrong as I can't ping it or see it showing up. I've had requests in BOOT/DHCP server from two different MAC addresses. One appearing to be RSLinx and the other I'm presuming is the controller however I could be wrong. Whenever I try to set the IP for the other request it just times out.

There only seems to be one used DHCP IP left on my routers DHCP page and that doesn't seem to work either.

Any ideas?

Ok.. so I'm an idiot. After a few hours I finally realised that I was running on different subnets. As mentioned previously though I have had no networking experience whatsoever so I'm pretty happy I've got this far. Thanks to anyone that was planning on replying!

Help with Compactlogix L32 communication via RS Linx version 2.54

I am not able to communicate to a Compactlogix-L32 Processor via RSLinx or RS Logix version 17, Professional. I am not able to retrieve the IP address, neither through serial. Can I get some help on this?

How I detect which version of RSlinx/RSLogix used? Kindly someone I need help

Last edited: