Factory Talk View ME will not start

RickOzone

My Factory Talk View Studio was working fine but then I choose to clean up by using the Application manager to delete some applications that are no longer needed. Now when I try to start the program it displays the message "Please wait while Windows configures FactoryTalk View Machine Edition 5.10.00 (CPR 9 SR 2)". After some time of searching it can not find the installation file and I have to cancel. The message states: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." I don't have the installation file anymore. I tried a system restore to yesterday to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
You must have deleted the default applications that came with FT. This is a strange thing with this software. With some revisions it would insist that those applications exist. It seemed like it was that way with 5.10, but it is not that way with 6.0. In 6.0 it is perfectly happy if you delete them.

In any event, the only way I have found to get past this is to point it back to the installation file and let it put them back. You are probably going to need that installation file.

Thanks for your reply, I did delete the Baggage applications and Bizbikes. I managed to find a working version of the software on an old laptop. However, I need to get it working again on a remote desktop computer. Could I transfer some files from the working copy to the remote desktop to get it working there?