1762-if2of2 issue

sanket007

i couldn't configure AI flow sensor to the AI channel of 1762-IF2OF2. I get tremendous variations in the values of the flow sensor, also the garbage values to the modules shows the variations even if the Flow sensor is not connected to the module.

Have you checked the signal coming from the sensor?

If that itself is varying rapidly, then the module does not have any problem and is just showing what it is getting.It either means that the sensor has problem or your process variable itself is varying in such a fashion.

If Your process variable itself is erratic and you want to smooth out the input signal then you can program a filter as discussed in this Thread.

Thanks for the solution i think the flow sensor needs to be calibrated, if ever problem persists i will go with your filter solution or revert back to you...

Thanks for the solution i think the flow sensor needs to be calibrated, if ever problem persists i will go with your filter solution or revert back to you...

Calibration is not going to cure an erratic signal.

Is the wiring shielded? Noise from near by wiring?