S7-200 and Step 7 Micro/Win

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
Someone gave me an S7-200 this morning.

Don't know what I'm going to do with it - maybe learn a little bit to broaden my horizons... maybe sell it. That depends on how much it is going to cost me to tinker with it.

Am I correct that it programs with S7 Micro/Win? What does the software typically cost? Does the programming cable require any special adapter or can I just make my own?

Micro/Win is the programming package, I believe it can be obtained free now.

It need a PPI cable to program which would cost around $175 I think.

The S7-200 was replaced by the S7-1200 a few years back and the programming package is not really like the normal Siemens programming package (developed mainly by TI).

Thanks for the reply Peter.

I did not know Micro/Win was free... I'm downloading it now. As for a cable I found this one at Amazon for thirty clams. That's cheap enough that I'll go ahead and wade out into the ocean a little ways and add one more PLC to the resume... now to dream up a project.