Time Sync between TP1200 (TIA) and S7-300 (step 7)

alanyap

hi guys, can someone guide me with this?

i'm new to TIA portal, please provide more approachable guide that i can understand~~

Thanks alot!!

Hi,

You don't say which way you want to sync the time (PLC > HMI or HMI > PLC), but if you're using the PLC as the 'master', you can use the Area Pointer (Global) within the 'connections' tab of the HMI. Point it to a tag within the PLC you want to act as a time master [e.g. DB1.DBW0] and set an update frequency - it automatically declares a length of 6 for the tag. In the PLC, create the same DB and set the first elements data type to DATE/TIME and see how you get on.

Hope this helps get you started.

Regards,

Rob

Actually i wanted to provide an option for the operator to do time sync for their time for the PLC with their current time.

How can i get the data from the HMI to the PLC to sync the time between them?

Thanks

hi guys, can any1 help me with this?
i've figured how to do the time sync between tp1200 and s7-300CPU.
now i've bumped into this problem, the DB i generated at S7 simatic manager for the date&time is in dbx0.0
but the setting for the tp1200 at tia portal v12 at 'global area pointer of HMI device' is in dbw0.

And what is the exact problem?

dbx0.0 is the first BIT in the DB; dbw0 is the first word. both point to the same location (beginning of the DB)

At the 'global area pointer of HMI device', i can't put (db35.dbx0.0) instead it only can accept (db35.dbw0).
The programming is done in S7 simatic manager, where i create the Date_And_Time data address, (DB35.dbx0.0).

DATA_BLOCK DB 35
TITLE =
VERSION : 0.1

STRUCT
date_Time_SPS : STRUCT
Date_Time : DATE_AND_TIME ;
reserve : ARRAY [0 .. 3 ] OF BYTE ;
END_STRUCT ;
END_STRUCT ;
BEGIN
date_Time_SPS.Date_Time := DT#90-1-1-0:0:0.000;
date_Time_SPS.reserve[0] := B#16#0;