Help-Using compare function in Siemens TIA

rbduck1

In TIA Portal, I know it is possible to compare what the CPU has running and a blank project. I know it's possible to copy and paste each individual network one at a time from the CPU to the blank project. Is there an easier method with which do download all or individual data blocks from a PLC to a PC?.

A previous person never backed up and we lost all the programs on a PC. The code is still intact within the PLC. I am aware I may not have any comments or tags information.

Thanks

I figured out part of the information I was needing. I have another issue I need help with now. I am connecting and trying to get online with the PLC through an ethernet connection on the scalance. The PLC IP adddress id 192.168.0.100. Does the IP address on my laptop have to match the PLC address? 192.168.0.100 ?

The PLC IP adddress id 192.168.0.100. Does the IP address on my laptop have to match the PLC address? 192.168.0.100 ?
The IP of the S7 PLC must be "reachable".
That means that the laptop must have an IP in the same subnet (i.e. 192.168.0.101), or there must be a router somewhere between the laptop and the PLC. The routers IP on the PLC side must be in the same subnet as the PLC, and the routers IP must be specified in the hardware configuration of the ethernet port on the S7 PLC.

Yes, I think my only problem is that I don't have the correct IP somewhere. The ip address on the laptop is 192.168.0.2 . I can't physically connect to the PLC while the equipment is running. All three ports on the PLC are being used and I am connecting the laptop to the first unused port on the scalance, which is the third one. Oh, the subnet on the laptop is 255.255.255.0.

I have a test PLC in my shop set up. I'm connecting directly to it so the setup is much simpler. If this information is not too confusing i would appreciate any help you can give. If needed, I may be able to take a screen shot and post it.

Also, I have read almost every post in your review thread about TIA Portal.
It's new and I'm learning it at the same time.

Is the subnet you are referring to the 192.168.x.x ?

Thanks

I asked the question about the 192.168.x.x because of a way I misinterpreted a reply above.

Anyway, the PLC is on 192.168.0.100 . The subnet is 255.255.255.0 . The subnet on the laptop is the same. I guess my question is, Should I make the IP on the laptop 192.168.0.100 to match the PLC or what should I make it?

I am familiar with networking,but I run into a few things dealing with Siemens that seems arbitrary to conventional wisdom. At least to me.

Thanks again

Last edited:
most certainly not. you must have different address no matter how arbitrary things look like...
try with laptop's address somewhere near the first available to PLC