Crimson 3.1 - Help Using images

gmarowski

I'm new to Crimson (this is my first week, and I just ran into my first road block.

I'm trying to display the position of a rail car, running in a straight line, using pre made bmps. There are 22 bmps that reflect these positions based on an integer from the PLC, but using the Crimson IMG primative, it only allows 10. Is there any other way to display these bmps without using the IMG primative?

I was thinking there might be a way to define a space/area and and display the bmps in that area, but I haven't figured out a way to do it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

The animated image primitive is limited to 10 images, but you can use 3 of the primitives, with 10 each in the first 2 and 2 in the third one. Then control the visibility of the primitives based on the integer value.

Worst case, you use 22 primitives, each with one image, and you set the visibility of each so it's shown only when the integer tag is equal to its value.

In the Animated Image properties, the "Show Item" field is where you set the visibility. Per chapter 8 that parky mentioned, select the image and go to the "Behavior" menu and select "Add 2D Movement". You'll have to tinker around with it to make it work.

Yet another option is to copy an image from paint (or other image editor) and then paste onto the display page. It'll come in as a "Simple Image" that you can resize, move around, and set visibility & position animation.