AB Micrologix 1000

jtwalia

i was working with AB Micrologix 1000 fine and writing the program and when i download to PLC it says there is Micro logix 1200 but i did not see it i just hit enter after that PLC become 1200 and can not communicate with PC and is say on PLC 1200 and not connected is there is any way to reset the PLC Micrologix 1000 to factory default. PLEASE Help

Thnaks

Welcome to the Forum !

Please post the full part number of the controller you are using.

And please re-state your question. You might be referring to a baud rate change, or something about the controller identity.

The MicroLogix 1000 controller has no 'reset to defaults' button, nor is there a method to set the serial port to default settings.

The serial port default communications button (DCOMM) is a feature that was added to all of the later models of MicroLogix controller.

Some AC-powered, DC-Input models of MicroLogix controllers can be set to factory default by shorting the Auxiliary DC Supply terminals.

DO NOT DO THIS unless you have posted the full and complete part number of the controller and had it verified by a Forum member. This is not guaranteed to work, may damage your controller, and is not supported by Rockwell Automation.

I was working [fine] with AB Micrologix 1000, and writing the program. When I downloaded the program to the MicroLogix1000 PLC, it says there is MicroLogix 1200, but I do not see it.
I think this means that you did not change the selected microprocessor model from "MicroLogix 1200" as shown in the attached picture, to the "MicroLogix 1000" that you actually are using. In RSLogix500 software, click on left tree menu: "Controller, Controller Properties", then select the microprocessor that is really connected to your computer.

JTWalia Processor Selection.jpg

Last edited:
I am using 1761-L32BBB it was working fine i upload the program to PC then made some changes few time and every time download to PLC but last time after change the program i try to download to PLC from PC it ask me to change the controller as far i remember or may it said Micrologic 1200 but i did not pay attention to that i just hit enter as every time after this is not able to communicate with PLC and if use the option who is on line and it keep saying 1200 but actually is 1000 PLC need help what to do Thanks

Can you post a screen shot (press Alt-PRNTSCR and Paste it into MSPaint or any other picture editing software) of your RSLinx (RSWho) screen?

Edit:
I switched to the "Who Active" dialog box within RSLogix rather than the Who Is dialog from RSlinx, I think it's a better example.

RSWho.jpg

Last edited:
Your posts are very difficult to understand. Please use standard English sentence structure and punctuation in the future.

Are you using a DH485 network or an Ethernet to DF1 converter or some other interface other than an ordinary serial port ?

I cannot think of a way for your MicroLogix 1000 controller to appear to be a MicroLogix 1200 in the RSWho browse if you are connected directly to it.

Can you post a screenshot of the RSWho window ?

[The RSLogix software] asked me to change the controller - as far I remember or maybe it said MicroLogix 1200, but I did not pay attention to that. I just hit "enter".
That explains the problem. You thought all those prompts after you selected "Download" could be ignored by only hitting "Enter"!

If you told the RSLogix software that you are using a ML 1200, but in reality have a ML 1000 connected, then of course it will not be able to connect or read or write anything to or from the ML 1000. There is only one solution - go back configure the software for WHICH PLC (MicroLogix 1000) you really want to connect with.

Last edited:
Edit: This thread makes my head hurt. I'm not going to put any more time or effort into this Forum user unless he comes back with usable information.

Last edited:
this my screen shot i have connected with Micrologic 1000 but it as 1200 Please help

attachment.php

RslinkERR.jpg

It looks like at one time RSLinx was communicating to a Micrologix 1200. Then the connection was removed. The red "X" indicates that it is not communicating with that processor anymore. RSLinx will remember the nodes that a driver was used to connect to, like in my example screenshot it shows a Micrologix 1400, because an hour or so ago it was connected to it using that driver. But now it is not.

Have you deleted the driver from RSLinx and reconfigured it? Make sure your cable connection is good between your PC and your PLC.

i was using Micrologix 1000 for the label machine and debaging the program and downloading and test all most all day and about end of the day i said to my self this change is last for the day i try to download to PLC(Micrologix 1000) then what happen at that time i donot know and it keep saying i am connected to MIcrologix 1200 and can not communicate and give me an error "No response from processor at selected path/nodel DiagnosticStatus failed: 0x4
Please help Thanks

RSLinx doesn't see the processor connected to your PC. Could be your RSLinx driver is not setup correctly, your COM port is not setup correctly on your PC, or your PC is not properly connected to your PLC.

Does anyone else have access to your PC(or laptop) that may have used it between the time it was working to the time it was not working? It's possible that the RSLinx driver configuration was changed and connected to a Micrologix 1200.

Delete the driver from RSLinx, and create it again. Configure it to match your Micrologix 1000 configuration. You can look at the channel configuration in the offline project to get a good idea of what it should be set to.

It would be nice if you would explain what steps solved the problem for you.

This would not only serve as a validation of the ideas promoted by various Forum members, but may also help future Forum browsers solve similar problems.