Outside 3g/gprs antenna

m2ti

Hi

I have problem with my siemens s7-1200 plcs after lightning, they are all messed up and i have to reload them. I have tried to use surge arrestor with my antennas but they are too slow for that kind of lightning impulse.

Are there other antennas or solution to use?
Thanks in advance !

There are old lightening protection methods. One of the most effective ways is to install an overhead wire grid (a shield) that has large grounding conductors at each support post. The problem would be that if you have antennas, the lightening protection grid will also block signals to the antennas.

A less-effective method is to install 4 lightening rods on posts in a square and slightly above the antennas. These will not intercept all strikes but maybe 80% of the strikes, and will not block all of your signals.