FactoryTalk - Error Compiling: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max..

dcovemac

Hey all,

Made myself a decent application in FactoryTalk, when testing the screens with the "test display" btn everything works fine.

Then I tried to compile..

I always get these errors:

ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max; Component type=Displays; Component name=Overview; Object name=NumericInputEnable2
ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max; Component type=Displays; Component name=Overview; Object name=NumericInputEnable1
ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max; Component type=Displays; Component name=[VAR_Length]; Object name=NumericInputEnable3

Indeed I'm using NumericInputEnable's with variable min and max, but that shouldn't be a reason I can not compile..

Does this sounds familiar?

Thx in advance

Are you creating a Runtime file that is not the same version as your installation of FactoryTalk View Studio ?

I've heard of this sort of error if you use a feature that's available in, say, FactoryTalk View 6.10, but you create a Runtime file for version 5.0.

I'm not sure if the Variable Min/Max versus hard-set Min/Max is a 'new' feature or not.

Thx for the fast reply Ken,

Well actually, yes, I'm compiling in 5.0 with a Factory talk version 6.0
Is there a way to work around this and still be able to compile errorless in 5.0?..

Well I just tried to compile it to 5.1 and this works, guess just I'll update the firmware of the Panelview.

I doubt this was an unsupported feature in 5.0 though.

Thanks for putting me on track Ken!

Grtz,