FactoryTalk Error- failed to load data server

mony9909

Hi All,

I create a new project at Factorytalk Local station and a OPC DA server with localhost server.
FTView Version :13.00.00
OPC Server: KEPServerEx V6.6

Issue:
1. I create a HMI tag link with OPC Server tag, and have a nice button on a new HMI graphic. The button is not working with HMI tag but if I link the button's tag to OPC server tag directly, it's work.
2. A error message is raised: Failed to load Data server 'RNA://$Local/123:Main' on Machine 'localhost' (result = 0x80070005), I have tried to follow the tech note but not working at all.
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/33301

Anyone have some experience with these two issue before and give me some advice on it?

Cheers

Did you setup communications in the View Studio project? This has bitten me before, where I thought I had setup communications, but failed to copy them to the project configuration. I think Rockwell lets you have two sets of communications, one for development and one for production, in case they differ.

Did you setup communications in the View Studio project? This has bitten me before, where I thought I had setup communications, but failed to copy them to the project configuration. I think Rockwell lets you have two sets of communications, one for development and one for production, in case they differ.

Hi, I am not sure the meaning of the 'setup communications', because at the communication tab of view studio project is setting up the RSLinx module instead of OPC DA Server.
Maybe I cannot understand the meaning you said as i am a newbie of FTView...