FactoryTalk Directory error

40mpg

Hello all,

I am trying to "Specify a FactoryTak directory" to another computer on the network. But my local admin username and password generates a " You must be permitted the Change Directory Server user rights policy to change the directory....."

So I go and run "FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard" select local directory and type in my local admin user and pass....then I got an error message that says

" Unable to install a Policy. A policy file was not found or is incorrectly formatted. Exception from HRESULT : 0x80044003

This is a fresh install of FactoryTalk Studio Enterprise

What am I doing wrong...there is no other local admin user name and password..

SOLVED: I typed the local user with the domain...dun dun dun..

Last edited: