SLC503 to G306M

John Simmonds

How do I set up comm between Red Lion G306M and SLC503? I've tried using cable CBLAB003 from Channel 0 to RS485 port on G306M - what am I missing? John

Hello,

The cable you have is correct. Can you tell me how you have the port configured on the PLC and HMI?

Thanks
Jeremy

Hello Jeremy, I've shown the configuration in the attached files. Thanks, John

I see you have the G306M port set to 4wire but it should be 2wire which is the default. Also I would like to see how the device PLC1 is configured as well as each channel configuration in the PLC.

Thanks
Jeremy

Thanks both, for your replies. PLC1 is set to SLC but after I changed to 2-wire I could see the data from PLC - trouble is... it's flashing. How can I stop this. Attached file shows settings for PLC1 and text. John

Flashing data would indicate that you have a comms error somewhere in your system. The good data flashes to let you know of the problem. Most likely there is a misaligned tag.

Thanks
Jeremy