SLC503 Go Online

Narlin

Lifetime Supporting Member
It seems like I have asked this before, but I guess I didn’t like the answer !
In RSLogix for a SLC503, I have an exact copy of a program but . . . RSLogix doesn’t seem to know that it is the same as the one in the machine. If I do a compare, the highlighted difference in code is only a single rung and it matches exactly. It was probably changed at some point and then changed back instead of cancelling changes. Problem is that I can’t go online and have commented code at the same time.
Also: Many of the data files differ between my commented code version and the running version, otherwise, I would just download my commented version and be golden.

The data files are extensive – of course. What is a good solution to this problem?
Bringing the system down is OK if it is down for less than a few minutes. If I were to download my version and not get the data files correctly redone, that would be bad.

You should be able to export your comments and symbols to files from your commented copy. Then upload from processor and save that. Then import comments and symbols.

Thank you. It certainly works offline. I will take it over to the jobsite and see if I can go online with it.

If you do not have any matching files in your project directory, RSLogix 500 should give you a list of every file with the same processor name and type. You can then choose one of those files and do an "Upload Use File". This will upload the program from the PLC, but use all the comments, symbols, etc. in the offline file.

If you do have a copy that has been uploaded without comments, you can delete that file or move it to a different directory temporarily. Or change your project directory temporarily. So RSLogix 500 will not find this "matching" file (with no comments).

You can also "Cancel" the file search when choosing to go online with the processor and choose a different directory with the "Browse" option to search that way.