Rack optimization

Bob O

I have a Main L73 that will be monitoring 13 remote I/O racks. The remote I/O racks will typically have an ENBT, 2 DI and 1 DO. Of the 13 remote racks this Main L73 will need to own the DO in 7 of the remote racks but listen to the other 6. I will also have another West L73 that will be monitoring 7 of these remote racks and will need to own the DO in 6 of these but listen to the 7th. Main L73 and West L73 will not need to own/control the same DO in the remote racks. Also, in this system is an East L71 that will be monitoring 7 of these remote I/O racks without the need to own any of the DO.
I have attached an excel spreadsheet that I hope helps show this but I need some guidance on the correct comm format using rack optimization.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Bob O.

Edit: DI 1756-IA32
DO 1756-OW16I
AI 1756-IF8H

Last edited:
Disseminate these files for the details.

Returned your Excel file (modified) with the missing comm formats added.

You have an extra output module in Remote 7 that you have indicated is owned by all 3 controllers, and I'm sure you know this is not possible - I have omitted it from the I/O configs attached. Make it "Rack Optimisation" in the owner-controller, and "Listen Only - Output Data" in the other two (if of course this module exists).

You'll obviously have to change IP addresses, slot numbers, RPI values etc.