leakege current

andalah

hi dear..
I have problems with my plc (modicon PLC), usualy I can easy to upload and download my program to plc, but recently I can not do that.. the else functions in plc still working very well.
I have chacked my plc.. actually, there has some leakege current in the body of plc, but it has fixed, no leakage current anymore in plc, but I still can no use to download/upload my program...is it a fix hardware broken... or not? or can you give me suggetions for my problems?
thanks

Hi,
What is the Model of the PLC? How you connect your PLC with computer either by MODBUS or MODEBUS PLUSE? what software are you using Modsoft or Concept? Reply these questions then I can help you.
Regards
Shahid Iftikhar

Dear Shahid,
thaks for your respon, my PLC model is modicon Quantum, I connect my PLC with computer by MODBUS protocol with RS 232 cable and I am using Modsoft software for programing, downloading and uploading. I am very glad to waiting your help.
thanks

Hi,
Some models of Quantum only allows upload of logic (to PLC) and those models donot allow download to Computer, Please tell me the complete and exact model number of the Quantum PLC.

Regards
Shahid Iftikhar

This is probably a problem with the computer not the PLC. Modicon PLCs have no restrictions on upload or download. Any restrictions are due to the software version and the PC platform.

You are using Modsoft as your programming software. What version?
What computer OS do you have? Have you changed anything, even added software to, your PC lately?

The latest version was 2.61 and even this was not certified to operate on any PC operating system other than DOS, although it usually worked with Windows 95. If you want a newer PC OS then you need to upgrade to the ProWORX NxT or 32 programming packages.

Here some one wrote that all Modicon PLCs have the ability to upload the logic to PC, which is wrong. for example modicon quantum 140 CPU113 ( and all other small cpus) do not have this function. But software shows upload commands in the menu, these donot work. If your PC already have the similar logic as in the PLC you can only compare it.If you had made changes in the PC then you must upload it to PLC to make both PC and PLC equal.

Have a nice day to all.

All Modicon controllers have upload capability. Upload/Download is a function of your software not hardware.

Only the Concept programming software packages prior to version 2.5 do not have upload ability.