How to connect a 4-wire current transducer to a 1769-IF8 analog module

lsam

I need some help with wiring a DCT200-42-24-F DC Transducer to a AB 1769-IF8 Analog Module in a CompactLogix PLC. I thought it would be pretty straight forward being only 4 wires but I must have missed it somewhere because I cannot get any output from it.

I need some help with wiring a DCT200-42-24-F DC Transducer to a AB 1769-IF8 Analog Module in a CompactLogix PLC. I thought it would be pretty straight forward being only 4 wires but I must have missed it somewhere because I cannot get any output from it.

The 1769-IF8 does not provide loop power, so you would need an external power supply to provide the current for you. I took a look at the DCT200-42-24-F spec manual, and towards the end of the spec manual it shows you how that's wired link is below
http://www.automationdirect.com/static/specs/acuampdct.pdf

now as you can see on that schematic terminals 1 and 2 are going to be wired to your external power supply, im assuming you would use a 24vdc power supply, then terminals 3 & 4 is your 4-20 mA signal output that should be wired in to your 1769-IF8 Analog Module.

Here is the manual link i found online for the 1769-IF8 Analog Module.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1769-in067_-en-p.pdf

go to page 8, 9 & 10. Make sure you follow what it says especially on grounding properly and wiring correctly.

That should be all you need.

I have attached a diagram of sorts showing how I currently have the transducer connected and I have circled the connection points. Is this correct?

The spec on your transducer says its output is 4-20ma. You have connected it the voltage input on the input card. Move the wired labeled #4 to terminal "I in 0+" on the input card.