Serial comunication to RF comunication

Tom A

T
I am looking at a data collection system for injection molding that the source of communication is a serial daisy chain style communication and I was wondering if there are any devices that would convert the serial daisy chain to a RF comunication and still work the same. I have a plant that is about 700 ft long and would need to run cable between each press and back to my main hub and would like to go wireless instead. Any ideas?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=RADIO+MODEMS

Tom, I have never done radio modems, but 700 feet isnt very far to run a sheilded cable. Depending on the alpplication you may not need to run a raceway. Some Plcs have built in rs 485 ports that may work nicely in your application.

You didnt mention the control equipment your using or intend to use. Automation Direct sells a $200.00 unit with a rs-485 port (DL-06).

mike

Last edited: