Red Lion CUB5/G306A Communications Problem

gamefreak32

I've got an encoder hooked up to a CUB5 and want to communicate with it from a G306A via RS232. I made two cables with pinouts per the G306A and CUB5 manuals, programmed the G306 to communicate with it, and I'm getting nothing.

The CUB5 is the only device connected to the RS232 port on the G306. I'm using the RLC Instrument driver for the CUB5. I've checked the baud rate, data bits, and parity in both. I've got the port enabled in Crimson and changed the drop number in both to match.

The only thing I can figure out is that the address in the Data Tag is wrong. I'm looking for the count. I've tried a number of combinations and have nothing. I've tried the values A, CT, CA.

Anyone have any suggestions of things to try?