Help me... GE Fanuc 90-30 Series

mazlin

I hv a problem on GE Fanuc 90-30 series PLC.
The PLC is working fine before this, but having a problem last week after have the power trip to the panel.
After all recover back, found that the PLC is not running as normal. Running but the ouput is DISABLE, end up with no control from PLC to the output device.

I hv difficulty to set back the PLC to RUN ENABLE as before.

I really need this team expertise to guide me how to change state from RUN DISABLE to RUN ENABLE in order to make sure the Output can be enable back to normal. I suspect that the output has been change state to Disable, but I cannot change back to Enable state.

Already try to STOP and DISABLE/ ENABLE the OUTPUT, but still cannot change state to RUN ENABLE.
Anybody experience on this before?

Has the plc lost its program due to power failure..what is the CPU and is there a BATT light on the PLC power supply

NO, The Program still inside. The battery run OK, No RED LED at the Battery indication.
What I can say, the programme is running, I can see all the value for analog, and digital inside the online.
The ONLY thing didnt work is, NO OUTPUT to the output card.
Also the program show:

PLC was successfully stopped
PLC failed to stay in stop mode
The PLC could not be stopped.

But in the indication at below, show " RUN DISABLE"....that I understand that logic running with the ouput disable.

Anybody know how to Enabkle back the controller???
Thanks.. :)

Logicmaster ...alt m until it sbows online the alt r to go to run. Alt h should show the hotkeys

Thank alot mr CJD1975.....

Logicmaster? is it same with Proficy-Machine Edition?

OK, I will try ur suggestion: will try to press

ALT M: ONLINE
ALT R: RUN
ALT H: HOTKEY

may I know what is hotkey usefor??
Thanks.

In me select the targer plc. Make sure your online then select target. .run. there is a play symbol like a dvd player does the same thing

YES, Thank you VM CJD1965....I try that, but doesnt work.
Because actually the PLC is RUNNING, The "PLAY" button already press. The ONLY thing is I cannot stop the PLC, and change mode to OUTPUT DISABLE/ ENABLE.

anyway thanks alot for the recommended. Im very appeciated it.
Any others recommended??

Anybody here got any idea/ recommended?

What CPU do you have?
Does it have a key, what is it configured for?
Are you in "Program" mode or in "Monitor mode?
What error do you get when you try to stop the CPU?
Do you not get a dialog box with a choise to stop and/or start with I/O enabled or disabled?

CPU: 374 plus
Keyswitch: got ON/ OFF function...but in the system i see it already disable it.

No error actually. But like this:

This is when i click command stop, enable output.
I try to disable, then enable back also same...

try to check how to Run enable the function

Please answer the other questions above.
I can only think of a couple of things that may be going on here.
1. We do not understand what you are telling us.
2. Proficy ME needs to be re-installed.
3. You have a very special system that will not go into "RUN" with outputs enabled.
4. You are keeping important information from us.

This is from PME online help
Stopping a GE IP Controller

procarrw.gif
To stop a GE IP Controller:

Note: You can stop a target Controller only when you are in online programmer mode. Known issue: on a PACSystems with a firmware version earlier than 3.50, you can stop a target Controller even when you are in online monitor mode.

1. In the Project tab of the Navigator, right-click the online Controller target on which you want to stop logic execution, point to Online Commands, and then choose Stop Controller. If the Stop Controller command is unavailable...
The Stop Controller dialog box appears.

1. Select whether to enable or disable the outputs and click OK.
If you enable the outputs, the Controller status changes to Stop Enabled. If you disable them, the status changes to Stop Disabled.
"The Controllers could not be stopped"

This is a message that may appear in the Messages tab of the Feedback Zone.
Possible Cause #1

A Stop Controller command with the outputs enabled has failed because the Controller scan sets are configured with a period that exceeds a single scan.
Possible Solution for Cause #1
Stop the Controller with outputs disabled.
Possible Cause #2

Some control logic prevents stopping the Controller.
Possible Cause #3

The switch on the CPU prevents stopping the Controller.
Possible Cause #4

Connected IP is no longer available.
Possible Solution for Cause #4
If a redundant IP is configured, do not use this IP for connecting to the Controller.

Hi
Sorry I have been at 30.000 feet for most of the day
Is there another PC connected via say Ethernet? I remember I had a problem where a PC in the control room was 'online' so a laptop connected locally would only on into 'monitor'

Maybe disconnect all ethernet connections except your laptop, reboot the PLC to close the connections and then see if you can get 'online' to then select target>>run etc

Cheers

RussB:

What CPU do you have? Im using CPU-374 Plus

Does it have a key, what is it configured for? Yes, have key, but in the system it show disable. So i assume keyswitch function is disable.not use.
Are you in "Program" mode or in "Monitor mode? : Programmer Mode

What error do you get when you try to stop the CPU?

Do you not get a dialog box with a choise to stop and/or start with I/O enabled or disabled? I have the dialog box, when i press the STOP button (at software), pop up the Enable/Disable IO dialog box, then when I choose to Enable, the error msg as above.

cjd1965:
ONLY 1 laptop connected to the system. During normal time, no laptop/EWS connected to the system.
Ethernet not connected. Im using serial cable for the connection.

Agree with Russ

Seems some kind of software issue.. do u have access to a different programming laptop... or reinstall with all patches/updates as linked to in Russ's post

Thank you for all the advise.
Unfortunately, I only have 1 laptop at site. Dedicated laptop for this system only. Normally we do not connect the laptop online, unless there is a problem.
PLC also still using the same one. Never update anything. It run for last 3 years, without problem.

or maybe it cause from #3

Some control logic prevents stopping the Controller.
Possible Cause #3

OK, I will check further..