Control Logix Ethernet communication to SLC 504 with ProSoft MVI46

SenoirDB

I have some equipment with Allen Bradley SLC 504 PLC's, that have a Prosoft MVI46 ethernet module installed. I would like to configure it to talk to a Control Logix5555 processor over ethernet. I understand how to configure the SLC 504 and Prosoft card, but I do not know how to configure the Logix5555 processor. Do I configure it as IO, or do I use messaging? I'm so used to these old SLC's that I'm starting from scratch here with the Logix5555.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum!
Unfortunately you will not be able to exchange data between the CLX and SLC CPUs via implicit communications (I/O Class); you will have to use explicit messaging (MSG) over Ethernet.
Also, the SLC Data Table addresses to be accessed by the CLX controller will need to be "translated" into Logix Tags using the RSL5K "Map PLC/SLC Data..." tool and only then referenced by the RSL5K application MSGing logic.