New with TIA Portal, HMI text label.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I'm learning to program using the TIA Portal, and I don't have any previous experience with Siemens.
I'm designing the interface to run a motor: "Start" button, "Stop" button, and a label to show if the motor is running or not. How can I implement this label? I already have the "Running" tag for the motor.
Once I learn how to do that, I will try to add color to the label, being green for running, white for stopped without alarm, red for stopped with alarm (having an "Alarm" tag for the motor).

Thank you!

Hello Elcan,

What you want to use is a Symbolic I/O field.

In the "General" you should define it as an output "Type" and assign your PLC tag and Text list to it.

"Edit"
If its just a two state signal from the motor on/off you can add the type "Two States"

Best regards /Victor

Last edited:
Thank you!
Any guidance on the more sophisticated label with dynamic colors?

That's a littel more tricky, I would probably solve it by a "graphic list" where you add your texts as graphic objects.