Logix Motion, recovery from error..?

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
In our latest application, we are using the Soft Travel limits rather than switch's to control max/min travel distances.
This is working well, but what happens is that if the limit is tripped, an error is generated.

I know that the best solution is to prevent this from ever happening, which I have implemented, but there has been a couple of times where I didn't have the limit checking enabled & went to error.

What is the best way to recover from this?
If I issue a reset command, the axis is still at the same position, so the fault does not clear...

1. Use an SSV instruction to disable the soft limit
2. Move the axis out of the overtravel area
3. Use an SSV to enable the soft limit.
Works the same with hard limits