Please I need help in RSLogix 5000

ahmed karm

Hi All,

I am facing a problem I configure in my IO Configuration 2 new 1734-AENT each one has a tree of some RTD and some AI Modules
After i download the program i found that All my IO has that yellow triangle and fault code 16#000c Service request Error only the IO not the AENT
My configuration is :

1734-AENT : Rev 3.10
connection: Direct
RIP: 80
1756-EN2T : Rev 2.7
Connection : Direct

RSlogix5000 20.54

Also i can see all my IO on RSLINX and RSNETWOX

please if any one faced this problem just reply

Have you set the chassis size in the module after you downloaded? Right click on the module while online, select properties and then go to the chassis size tab and then select chassis size in module.

yes the Chassis size is correct and doubled checked but in the adapter 1734-AENT we have network status led this led in normal operation need to be steady green but in my module it is blinking green-off

I don't have my laptop in front of my but my usual order of operations are
1-start bootp program
2-find Mac Id in bootp
3-set IP address for module
4-log onto aent web page using the IP address I just set
5-set subnet and gateway
6-change from DHCP to static
7-power cycle aent
8-log back onto aent to ensure my changes were successful
9-download logix program to Plc
10-right click on new module and set chassis size while online
11-check that io is responding

You could also verify you have added the proper io modules into the aent

Good luck. Sent from my phone so excuse any type o or bad grammar.

Thank you very to your reply
I already done all this steps by this order but the IO is not responding
to understand my problem i will explain my project :
First I have 2 network in my Project
1- Controlnet include Digital I/P,Digital O/P,analog I/P&O?P.RTD's and HMI screens This network is working fine and no problem
2- Ethernet Network consist of
1756-EN2T Rev 2.007
1734-AENT Rev 3.10
3 Analog I/P 1734-IE8
1 Analog O/P 1734-OE4
17 RTD 1734-IR2

Now the problem is :
- the network Status led is flashing green-off instead of steady green
- the IO Configuration in my PLC Code has:
1756-EN2T is running ok
1734-AENT is running ok
All IO Card has an Error 16#000C which is Service request error This is my problem why this error coming even i checked everything like chassis size also at RSLINX i can see all the HW including IO's .

The 1734-AENT module supports 20 "direct Module" connections; you have 21 analog modules connected.

There is also a limit to the number of I/O modules of various types that can be connected to the 1734-AENT without addition of a 1734-EP24DC expansion module. This is determined by adding up the backplane power requirements of all of the modules.

I would start by removing all the 1734-IR modules and setting the 1734-AENT up with just the analog modules to be sure that they work correctly.

RA Knowledgebase article 21464 (TechConnect required) includes some good summary information about backplane power and connection sizes.

The 1734-IR2 modules are going to pose a problem. RA recommends not connecting more than three 1734-IR2's to a single POINTbus power supply module (a 1734-AENT or a 1734-EP24DC).

For this application, you are going to need at least two 1734-AENT adapters and at least seven 1734-EP2DC POINTBus power supply modules.

Also, be sure you have not enabled Redundancy for a controller firmware revision that doesn't support Redundancy for EtherNet/IP I/O networks (like v16.5x).

In this project we have 2 network
- Controlnet Network: Working fine no problem at all . All IO’s is Working Fine and no faults.
- Ethernet Network : My network consist of :
(1756-EN2T Ethernet Bridge) is directly connect to (unmanaged switch) This Switch is Connect to (My SCADA System)and also connect to 2 Ethernet Adapter 1734-AENT which are
connected to IO’s(RTD,AI&AO) see in IO configuration .

The Problem : When I am Online the IO Configuration has this Yellow Triangle . This yellow triangle is on my IO’s and the corresponding fault is 16#000C Service Request Error .
Also the Network Status Led on The AENT is blinking Green-off .

I Also Checked :

- Chassis Size : the Chassis size is correct and the same as the actual one.
- I put in the AENT Configuration the Connect to be Direct(None) because the EN2T has no Option in his connection except direct (None).
- I tried to Connect direct to EN2T without Using Switch but also the Network Status led on AENT is Blinking Green-Off.
- Remove the Redundancy in the Programming and still the same problem.
- I try to change RPI to max. and min and in between .
- An my IO’s I have 18RTD On one AENT So to avoid Power problem I’m putting 1734-EP24DC every 6RTD also in my Program I’m inhibiting most of all except only 3

Please review The Snapshot it will illustrate more .

IO_AIConfig_1.jpg

Using the RA-Integrated Archtitecture software it shows you can the use the 3 1734-IE8, the 1 1734-OE4 and 3 1734-IR2 modules before you would need a 1734-EP24DC. After that you would need a EP24DC every 3rd 1734-IR2.

Have you tried removing all of the 1734-IR2 from your configuration like Ken suggested? Just to check that the AENT and the analog in and out modules are all working.

i am using EP24DC after the 6 IO(4AI,AO and 2RTD) also in my configuration Iam making all inhibited except the first and second AI

Are they still drawing power even though they are inhibited? I guess I would physically break the connection. Just a thought.

In this project we have 2 network
- Controlnet Network: Working fine no problem at all . All IO’s is Working Fine and no faults.
- Ethernet Network : My network consist of :
(1756-EN2T Ethernet Bridge) is directly connect to (unmanaged switch) This Switch is Connect to (My SCADA System)and also connect to 2 Ethernet Adapter 1734-AENT which are
connected to IO’s(RTD,AI&AO) see in IO configuration .

The Problem : When I am Online the IO Configuration has this Yellow Triangle . This yellow triangle is on my IO’s and the corresponding fault is 16#000C Service Request Error .
Also the Network Status Led on The AENT is blinking Green-off .

I Also Checked :

- Chassis Size : the Chassis size is correct and the same as the actual one.
- I put in the AENT Configuration the Connect to be Direct(None) because the EN2T has no Option in his connection except direct (None).
- I tried to Connect direct to EN2T without Using Switch but also the Network Status led on AENT is Blinking Green-Off.
- Remove the Redundancy in the Programming and still the same problem.
- I try to change RPI to max. and min and in between .
- An my IO’s I have 18RTD On one AENT So to avoid Power problem I’m putting 1734-EP24DC every 6RTD also in my Program I’m inhibiting most of all except only 3

Please review The Snapshot it will illustrate more .

Hi. Did you manage to fix this error 16#000C? I am asking because I have the same issue now(((