got a good one

aaron gurley

I put a post about a week ago explaining how I was new to plcs and I bought a used ge fanuc micro off ebay and could not get it to communicate with my computer I was led in the direction my pc was to fast so I tried my daughters computer I had it over clocked at 200 mhz do I got it to slow down to 133 mhz the program finaly let me into online mode but there was an error about invalid program I tried many things and could not get it to go away by the way one of the problems I was having but did not realize it was a problem at the time was if I put the plc in program mode or run mode it would not change anything and the o.k. light flashed on and of at a constant rate but anyway I tried to load a program into the plc and the monitor of the computer started going off and comming back on again and just finaly went out completely it is no good now I went and got another monitor and everything was fine I was able to download a program and make my daughters easy bake oven come on and go off (like I said I am new to this and had to have output load to try) I can even use it on my 500 mhz pc running xp but I must boot with a dos disk anyway I am glad it is working now but anyone have any ideas what whent on

I am no longer the king of run-on sentences around here...

Aaron, don't skimp on the punctuation. A period every now and then is not necessarily a bad thing... ;)

Firt off, the monitor on/off thing has NOTHING to do with the PLC, unless you had it plugged into the PLC controlled EZ-Bake oven outlet... :p

Remember, you're trying to run a program developed when computers were a LOT slower. Expect to have problems trying top use it with a new computer. Booting from a DOS disk will help, but it's still running on a fast processor.

I don't use XP, but I think it has a 'compatibility mode' (or something to that extent), emulating an older OS, to allow you to run older software.

beerchug

-Eric

Aha! So THAT'S where I heard the term 'compatibility mode'... :p

Thanks for finding that thread, Tom... (y)

beerchug

-Eric