GX Works2

Amy_Fields

I am used to working with AB plc's however recently we got a mitsubishi plc in my plant. Does anyone have any work instructions, documents describing methods of connecting online, downloading, uploading and making online edits specifically using GX Works2?

Thank you, any info would be appreciated.

I am used to working with AB plc's however recently we got a mitsubishi plc in my plant. Does anyone have any work instructions, documents describing methods of connecting online, downloading, uploading and making online edits specifically using GX Works2?

Thank you, any info would be appreciated.

The manuals should be in the help menu on GX Works2. I'm not at my laptop, so I can't verify but I think everything you asked for is there.

Dave

dploof23 is correct. Under the Help tab in the GX Works2 program is a selection called Operating Manuals. There are seven operating manuals in PDF format that loaded onto your computer when you loaded the GX Works2 software.

Connections setup is easy thru the GX Works software. On the left navigation window there are three selections on the bottom of that window. Clicking on the Connection Destination will open a communications window. Double click on the Connection1 option under Current Connection and a Transfer Setup window will pop up. Here is where you set up the connections on the PC side, then PLC side and finally Other Station settings (use No Specification if you are connecting just a PC to PLC).
Once selections are done press the 'Connection Test' to make sure communications are established. Then the 'OK' button to exit transfer setup (NOT the X on the top corner-that resets default transfer setup settings upon exiting).
Once done there is an Online tab along the top where you can find the write to/read from PLC selections.