FX3U clone problem uploading a code with gx works2

How it's not free ? I downloaded gx works 2 without any license and it's working.
Download is free from Mitsubishi site, but it is Trial. You can find serial keys on network, but then it is piracy you are doing. Also by using the clones you are supporting intellectual theft.

Download is free from Mitsubishi site, but it is Trial. You can find serial keys on network, but then it is piracy you are doing. Also by using the clones you are supporting intellectual theft.
The clone is sold on Aliexpress which is a global shopping website, if it's piracy then Mitsubishi should have sued the clone's manufacturer. Otherwise, Mitsubishi can sue Aliexpress for selling these clones.

Yep, you're right.

OK, do you know a free PLC programming IDE ?

Yep, you're right.

OK, do you know a free PLC programming IDE ?
The FX clone PLCs can be used with the OpenPLC IDE and runtime code. This does involve overwriting the firmware that the PLC is delivered with, so there's no going back to GX Works after this.

The FX clone PLCs can be used with the OpenPLC IDE and runtime code. This does involve overwriting the firmware that the PLC is delivered with, so there's no going back to GX Works after this.
Thank you very much for this clarification, I actually must change gx works because the version I have on the college laboratory PC is a cracked version and that's against the college's software policy. What the programming language that OpenPLC support ?

Also what about the Coolmay HMI ? Is there another free software to program it with ?

OK, I found TPWorks is a free software, just gx works is the one which is a not free software. So, I should to go with OpenPLC.

I installed OpenPLC, haven't done any project yet.

But from the first glance it appears to support different programming languages more than gx works 2.

1712147702008.png

Thanks a lot,

GXworks2 has dropped the IL it is like the STL in Siemens if you have the older GXDeveloper you can program in IL but not worth it, also, I doubt that Openplc has the dedicated functions for the analogue channels so you would be limited, not sure how they interact with the real I/O either, the FX I/O is called X for inputs & Y for outputs. The actual code sent to the PLC although programmed in one of the other languages actually downloads the IL code anyway the OS of the Mitsi is an interpreter so I imagine Open plc somehow creates a runtime EXE & OS to run it (perhaps that's why you cannot go back). I can imagine it's a pain probably no on-line change editor & takes time to compile. But in saying that, it has got a simulation so for learning purposes it's probably ok but will not really give you a real insite to the FX in reality just the programming skills of general PLC code.

I tried OpenPlc, it's ok but compiling takes a long time, not very good on documentation so although it seems to work I would not use it, probably take me twice as long to produce a section of code compared to the original IDE.

I tried OpenPlc, it's ok but compiling takes a long time, not very good on documentation so although it seems to work I would not use it, probably take me twice as long to produce a section of code compared to the original IDE.
Yes OpenPLC is pretty basic compared to GX Works etc. but it does support all the IEC 61131 languages. It was originally intended to run on a PC, but support for microcontrollers was added so you can use Arduinos, STM32 etc. The big difference is that it compiles a stand alone binary which includes all the runtime code which gets programmed onto the micro, rather than just an instruction list that is interpreted by the existing runtime code.

Ah... My bad it does support IL, weird only in Structured program, Also from my quick look it only supports the FX3U & probably not any of the add on intelligent cards. unless someone has written some libs not in the download.