MircoLogix 1100 uploading via ethernet

dsg

Hi all,

In RS classic lite I can see my mircologix controller and the IP address via the ethernet driver. Is it possible to upload the program from a remote location or do i have to go point to point e.g laptop to controller?

I dont have the program thats in the controllerand when I select the node it wont give me the 'go online' option

Thanks in advance

What address is the MicroLogix 1100 set to

What address is your Laptop set to

Can you ping the plc address from your laptop

Once you get the Laptop and PLC talking to each other, it is possible to upload the PLC program
and get it on your laptop, but it will not have any documentation as this is not stored on the MicroLogix.

Thanks for replying Gil!

I found out what the issue was - I had RS5000 open (.ACD files) and the program in the controller was a RS500 (.RSS file). Once I opened 500 and found the node in comms I could go online. I didn't realise mircologix 1100 was programed in 500.

Thanks again!