Sending emails with rslogix 5000

BeardedBatman

Is it possible to send an email when a condition is met with rslogix 5000 only sing the 1756-ENBT/A.

I was wondering because the rslogix document explaining ethernet i/p modules mentioned that we need a 1756-EWEB

We are using rslogix 5000 on controllogix plc, the reason for us wanting to use this function is that we want to recieve an email when the process has started and stopped.

Just wondering if we can actually run it without the use of the 1756-EWEB as we do not have one in our system.

look at ENET-UM001-EN-P - February 2013

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/enet-um001_-en-p.pdf

the ENBT can send email but you must have the correct version of firmware

You also want to get TN46036 - Example of Sending an email from a CompactLogix processor
and L35E_SMTPExample.zip which is example code for sending the email

It does not matter that the documentation is for compactlogix the code is the same

also "Pub 1769-UM011C-EN-P Email MSG Example.docx"

Hey thanks for the reply, and i have been reading the ethernet i/p configuation manual with no luck...

as for those documents that you have mentioned i cannot find them online eg: the pub 1769 and etc.

just click the link provided by MichealG will take you straight To the pdf file. I saved a copy of it last night. It's the second Line in his post.