Red Lion Email notification, sending multiple emails for the same condition.

wdd0422

Hi Everyone,

I'm using a small program to generate emails when certain conditions are met like when a counter exceeds a value. I was hoping that it would generate only one email for each occurrence but it sends multiple emails for as long as the condition statement is true. I can think of ways to handle this but they are cumbersome and I figured someone here would know the best way to do it. Also is there a way to include tag values and a time and date stamp in the body of the email? I have attached a screen shot of the program.

Thanks in advance
Bill

Email.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I'm using a small program to generate emails when certain conditions are met like when a counter exceeds a value. I was hoping that it would generate only one email for each occurrence but it sends multiple emails for as long as the condition statement is true. I can think of ways to handle this but they are cumbersome and I figured someone here would know the best way to do it. Also is there a way to include tag values and a time and date stamp in the body of the email? I have attached a screen shot of the program.

Thanks in advance
Bill

I would create alarms for each event and use the mail function on the alarm tab.

You have have two alarms per tag, but you can create multiple tags using the same source address (or even the first tag as the source address)

This will only send on email per alarm event.