DeviceNet

WTFSUNELECSUP

Has anyone ever scheduled in Culter Hammer ECIO-120-DN DNet modules using RSLOGIX 5000, RSNetworksforDevicenet and an Allen Bradley CN2DN Converter?

I would assume its the same as if you were to use Allen Bradley DSA and E3 modules instead of the Culters. Ive done several DSA and E3 but never any Culters, but I figure it would be close to the same if not the same.

We had NODE 9 module fail, I used the RSNetwrksforDevicenet on the RSLOGIX5000 to check the devicenet node tree. I can see the faulted node sitting on the tree, can we change these Culter Hammer Modules while online or do we have go offline, shut off the cn2dn change the module and then turn back on the cn2dn. I'd Like to keep the plant continuing to run.

My thinking is that we should be able to say online (everything powered up), unplug the existing module and and plug in the new module, and it should come up as unrecon'd device and node 63, using the properties menu set it for Node 9 and then load the EDS file.

Please let me know, as I have never actually changed one of these Culter Hammer units before, wiring is straight forward, just want to make sure I don't ESD the plant.