Point IO, Heat

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
A recent installation we are doing has a handful of Point IO config's, some with only 5 modules, but another 2 with 15 modules & the Power distributor module.
All is working ok, but the IO modules themselves seem quite warm.
The temperature does seem to be more than what I have experienced before & obviously high enough for me to be concerned or else I would not be posting here.
Has anyone else noticed the temperature of the modules before, should I be concerned?
I cannot seem to find what the normal operating temperature of the modules would be, nor the environmental.

It doesn't appear to be causing me any issues yet, but want to be cautious.

452240 - 1734 Point I/O Thermal Management
Access Level: Everyone

479981 - POINT Guard I/O Safety Modules are Running Very Hot
Access Level: Everyone

If you have the room, use POINT I/O Common Terminal Modules (1734-CTM) or Voltage Terminal Modules (1734-VTM) as spacers to help dissipate heat between POINT I/O modules. They have zero thermal dissipation.

1734-CTM/1734-VTM

George

POINT_IO_Spacers.PNG

Last edited: