Micrologix 1500 HSC not counting properly when motor is running.

Avenger1979

Hi, so I'm having this problem. I have a motor's quadrature encoder connected to a PLC input. When turning the shaft of the motor by hand, the PLC counter that tracks the input pulses counts properly. However, when the motor is running, the counter doesn't properly count. It misses most counts, and when it does catch one, it appears random. I have a feeling that this could be a problem caused by the Input Filter not being set correctly, but I am unsure. Can anyone else shed some light on this issue?

what pulse isn't counting there is usually atleast (3) A+,B+ and Z pulses. sometimes A-, B-,Z- aswell. Also what is the PPR. If the A+ isn't working use the B pulse its 90 degrees out of the A, the Z pulse is only the home pulse so if your watching that you will only that once ever 360 degrees.